June 21-23, 2019 | Santa Cruz Mountains, CA
“We cannot move from pain to power in isolation” – bell hooks
The Rewild Your Heart Summer Solstice Retreat offers a safe, grounding and nourishing environment for those who identify as women* and who are ready to:
- share the stories about sexuality, intimacy and self-worth that most need to be told for your healing and empowerment
- explore and move beyond the narratives that have restricted your sexual agency and pleasure
- enjoy focused time for erotic inspiration, creative spontaneity, and your inner life
- get out of your head and into your body through creative embodiment practices
- be part of a respectful, creative community
- reconnect to pleasure and joy
Develop Authenticity & Authority
Reclaim your authentic sexual voice through storytelling and witnessing.
By a powerful and supportive circle
When women gather to do sexual healing and empowerment as a collective, magic happens. We deeply witness one another’s stories: not fixing, judging, shaming, or analyzing. The power of this witnessing helps us to strengthen access to who we really are.
Rewild Your Sexuality
Over three restorative days in the Santa Cruz Mountains, we soak in restorative time to go into inner/outer wildness. Herbal oils and plant essences support our sexual empowerment and healing work. Shedding unwanted forms of domestication, we return to our erotic nature with the Earth.
In the santa cruz mountains
Salamander Camp is a small woman-owned retreat located in the Santa Cruz Mountains, four miles south of Los Gatos. Acres of wild redwood forest surround the camp. We’ll enjoy the freedom of walking the trails in the moonlight, as well as drumming and singing at night. A stone labyrinth and open meadow invite meditation and play.
- Movement yurt: where the magic happens!
- Sleeping Yurt: communal sleeping space, with a loft, woodstove, pads and mattresses on the floor
- Kitchen/Dining Yurt where we cook delicious potluck meals
- Cedar hot tub and cold plunge
- Ample places to camp in the redwoods for those who desire
- Hot showers
- Clean outhouses with eco-friendly composting toilets
- Amazing redwood forest, meadow and stone labyrinth for walking meditation
Salamander Camp is located in Los Gatos, CA in the Santa Cruz Mountains. It’s about 45 miles away from both SFO and Oakland airports: traffic permitting, about 50-75 minutes drive. If you’re coming from San Francisco or the East Bay, allow for up to 90 minutes travel time.
2 nights and 3 days at Salamander Camp: stay either in our comfortable group Sleeping Yurt or bring gear to camp in the redwoods. We provide Friday, Saturday and Sunday lunch and dinner on Friday & Saturday nights. Arrive at noon on Friday and leave at 5pm on Sunday.
what to expect
Creative community of respectful, wonderful wise women. A mixture of session times with alone time, and lots of time for rest and spaciousness. Redwoods, labyrinth, cedar hot tub, cold plunge, mountain meadow: radical, revitalizing and rewilding creative community!
Hi, I’m Leonore.
Originally from New York, and inspired by/in love with the landscapes of Scotland and Vermont where I have lived, I now live and work on Ohlone Land in the San Francisco Bay Area.
I’m an artist-healer and sexuality educator whose work lies at the intersection of soul, myth, eros and intimacy. I have circled in women’s community for 18 years and been a leader and participant in many different circles related to women’s consciousness raising and earth-based spirituality.
The Rewild Your Heart Summer Solstice Retreat is drawn from my life-long love of and immersion into women’s spirituality, earth-based ritual, and training in somatic modalities of sexual intelligence. In particular, I am indebted to the work of Olivia Corson and Body Tales: a somatic movement technique that weaves together authentic movement, improvisational sound and storytelling. I am a teacher in training of Body Tales and am delighted to offer this powerful, life-affirming creative practice in the service of sexual empowerment and healing.